Upcoming Plan and Pricing Changes in 2024
Thank you for using TopLeft! We wanted to tell you about upcoming changes we’re making to plans and pricing.
Here’s a quick summary:
- We’re renaming the plans to more clearly indicate the type of role each one is for
- Pricing on user licenses is increasing, but you can lock in the old prices with a 1, 2, or 3 year term.
- Pricing on client portal licenses is decreasing by a lot so you can use the portal across more of your customer base, and we’re starting to offer free portal licenses with manager licenses.
- We’re discontinuing legacy plans and moving customers on those plans to the new flexible licensing plan, and there’s no price change as a result of this migration.
Consistently Adding Value
We haven’t changed prices on our most commonly-used products in more than 2½ years, but we’ve been constantly adding features and making improvements. Some of those improvements include Gantt charts, customizable branding, a vastly improved ticket editing and time entry experience, assignment notifications, and showing ticket attachments.
We’ve also added new training packages and now have a dedicated customer success representative to help you make the most of your subscription.
So we can continue to help your team work more effectively in your PSA, we’ll be increasing prices on user licenses.
Here’s what’s going to happen through December and January:
- The Premium plan is being renamed to the Manager plan, and the monthly price is increasing from $75 to $92. Since we launched the Manager plan last year, we added Gantt charts, and now we’re including 5 client portal licenses with each manager license to help you get started improving your client communication using the portal. New prices apply January 1.
- The Standard plan will now be called the Engineer plan, and the monthly price is increasing from $30 to $37 for ConnectWise and from $27 to $34 for Autotask. New prices apply January 1.
- The Basic plan is being renamed to the Viewer plan, and the monthly price is increasing from $10 to $13. New prices apply January 1.
- The price of client portal licenses is being reduced from $27/client to $12/client, with volume discounts as low as $7/client at 50 licenses. We have some customers deploying the portal for all their clients, and we want to make this possible for all of you. This is effective immediately.
- We are discontinuing our legacy plans that required all users to use the same license, either Standard or Basic. For those still on a legacy plan, we will migrate your subscription to the new flexible plan in mid-December. This means you’ll be able to purchase licenses from multiple tiers, not just one tier. When we make this change, you’ll see some emails from our billing system but your payment method won’t be charged. In the new plan you might be in a higher-discount volume tier than the old plan, and if so you'll receive an account credit.
The prices for user licenses above are for monthly payments with no volume discounts. Prices for long-term payments and volume prices will change by the same rate.
How to Lock In Old Pricing
We know you’ve seen price increases from many vendors this year. To help reduce the impact of our changes, we want to let you lock in the old pricing for a year. If you’re currently paying monthly, to get the old pricing until December 2024 just change your plan to annual payments prior to January 1. You’ll get the old prices for another year, and 2 months free as well! You can do this through the “Manage Subscription” tool in the administrative section of the TopLeft web app.
If you’re already paying for a 1, 2, or 3 year subscription, you can also lock in the old pricing for a full term. You can make a one-time payment and start a fresh 1, 2, or 3 year term. For example, if you’re 9 months into a 1 year term, you can pay for 9 months at the old price and your new renewal date will be in December 2024. To take advantage of this offer, just email “refresh my subscription” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further savings, you can review your licensing in two ways:
- If only managers use TopLeft and you’re not yet using Manager licenses, consider if you can replace all your Engineer or Viewer licenses with a small number of Manager licenses. (Manager users can see work assigned to anyone- even members who don’t have their own TopLeft licenses.)
- If you subscribe to both Manager and client portal licenses, you can reduce or eliminate your paid client portal licenses because we will be offering 5 client portal licenses with each Manager license.
Thank you for your understanding, and thank you for being a TopLeft customer! We look forward to helping your teams see their work and find their flow.
If you have any questions, email email@example.com.