TopLeft App Updates - September 2020
We thought in addition to hearing about larger improvements to the TopLeft Kanban app as we release them, you might also like an occasional summary of the smaller improvements we make. So here goes- a summary of the changes we made in September:
- Show ticket/task predecessors on cards
- Add a function for triggering synchronization of configuration or operational data. This is useful for quickly synchronizing TopLeft with your PSA after you change setup options in your PSA such as ticket statuses, priorities, boards, or queues. The function is available in the Admin > Synchronize Data menu.
- Show the board description as a tooltip when hovering over the board name in the main menu.
- Project boards- in the card menu there is a "Show description" item that shows the project description.
- When hovering the mouse over a card title, the description of the record is shown as a tooltip.
- Time entry dialog- when opening the dialog, the start time field is set to the current time.
- Make the "Add Board" links in the main menu more compact, giving extra room to list Kanban boards for customers with a lot of boards.
- Clarify password reset emails and new customer welcome instructions.
Improvements for ConnectWise mode
- When the 1-minute sync option is enabled, add synchronization of assignment records.
- In ticket boards using project phase swimlanes, order the swimlanes by the WBS code so they match their order in the ConnectWise project module.
Improvements for Autotask mode
- Show a warning to administrators when ticket callouts are not configured, indicatating that tickets will not be updated immediately when changes are made in Autotask. If you don't see the message, you're all good!
- On ticket and task boards using priority swimlanes, show the swimlanes in the same order as priorities are listed in the Autotask priority setup page.
- When hovering over a service call indicator, show the service call status in the tooltip.
- Improve how records are saved to the database when synchronizing your data- only perform update queries when records have actually changed in the PSA.
- Update to most recent versions of certain Python language libraries, including our major framework Django.
- Reduce number of database queries when certain fields are visible on cards.
Thanks for using TopLeft Kanban boards for ConnectWise or Autotask!